Types of Scholarship / Freeships and Dates of submission of Forms
(Self Financing Courses)
Students are advised to see for notices pertaining to Scholarships and Freeships put up on the Notice Board from time to time.
Government of India Post SSC Scholarship/Freeship for SC, ST, DT, NT, OBC and SBC : -
SC, ST, DT, NT, OBC and SBC students are required to produce following documents at the time of admission:
- Attested copy of the caste certificate in the name of the student issued by Maharashtra State only and that caste should be listed in the Maharashtra State list.
- Attested copy of Income certificate of parents.
- Attested copy of the Ration card (first and last page only).
- Attested copy of the Mark sheet (previous year).
The student who does not submit the Caste & Income certificate at the time of submitting the application form for admission will automatically be considered under open category.
Category Students belonging to SC, ST, DT, NT, OBC and SBC category & whose parent’s gross income is within the limit of Rs. 1,00,000/- p.a. is eligible to apply for Post SSC Scholarship. The above income certificate has to be certified by Tahsildar to get benefit of the Scholarship including the Govt. employees and pensioners for the first year. Once sanctioned, the income certificate certified by the Tahsildar is valid for the next two years.
Students belonging to other than above specified income are eligible to apply for Government of India Post SSC Freeship.
(Self Financing Courses Section)
Fees Structure for Academic Year 2016 - 17
Scholarship /Freeship Fee Structure
| Sr. No.
||M.Com. Part I
||M.Com. Part II
||Disaster Relief Fund
||ID & Library Card Fee
||Group Insurance Fees
||Students Welfare Fund
||Vice Chancellor's Fund
||Forms & Propectus
||*Fees are subject to modification as per University Rule
||**Document Verification Fees Rs.400/- applicable to Eligibility Students
Additional amount not exceeding Rs. 2500/- shall be payable by every student towards Tuition fees, \ Utility fees & Exam fees.
FEES SHOULD BE PAID ONLY BY DEMAND DRAFT / PAY ORDER
DEMAND DRAFT SHOULD BE DRAWN IN FAVOUR OF:
"PRINCIPAL, V.E.S. COLLEGE OF ARTS, SCIENCE & COMMERCE, MUMBAI-71".
SCHEME OF POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE MINORITY COMMUNITIES :
- Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist and Parsi students can apply for above mentioned scholarship subject to submission to the appropriate relevant documents.
- Students should have minimum 50% marks in previous year
- The annual Income from all sources of parents or guardian should not exceed Rs.2 Lakh
- The students applying for ward of scholarship need to have bank account.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students in a family
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
Students belonging to other than above specified income are eligible to apply for Government of India Post SSC Freeship and will be exempted from paying Tuition Fees only.
Meritorious Scholarship :
Financial assistance is extended to meritorious students from the low income families with income limit of Rs.4.5. lakhs per annum. Students are required to submit the non-creamy layer certificate. It is applicable to all categories of students (both general & reserved). At present, reservations for the various categories are as follows : SC 15%, ST 7 ½ %, OBC 27% and horizontally 3% for Physically Handicapped in all categories. Students securing a minimum of the 80% of marks in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or Equivalent and not belonging to the creamy layer are eligible for this scholarship.