National Service Scheme
The N.S.S. Unit of our college has been in existence since 1982, with a primary objective of arousing social consciousness and to provide the students with an opportunity to work with the community. In the process the unit also aims to enhance the personality of the participating volunteers. The activities of the unit are coordinated and monitored by a college level committee. However, the volunteers are given freedom to choose, decide and implement some special programmes, with a view to develop the leadership qualities. The volunteers are required to put in at least 120 hours of Social work in an academic year in various projects.
- Mr. Sanjay Premchandani (Accountancy Department)
NSS Area Co-Ordinator, NSS Committee Convener and NSS Program Officer
- Mr. Vikas Ware (Mathematics Department)
NSS Program Officer
- Mr. Prashant Swami (Mathematics Department)
- Miss Geetanjali Harale (Bio-Technology Department)
- Mr. Kunal Shelar (Mathematics Department)
- Miss Arpita Sarkar (Psychology Department)
- Miss Ekta Singh (Financial Market)
- Mr. Chirag Pagaria (Management Studies)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
The educational goal of the NSS implies that besides gaining understanding of concepts like community, social structure, power conflict, etc. occurring in real life situations, students should acquire competence in the field of programme planning, Shouldering the responsibilities, participation in cooperative task and promotional work in the community. The service goal of the NSS also calls educational approach in solving community problems. Its purpose is to help the community to recognize its needs and to assist in the mobilization of resources to meet these social needs.
Regular Programmes of NSS | NSS Photo
Report of NSS activities 2015-16
Report of NSS activities 2014-15
Report of NSS activities 2013-14
Report of NSS activities 2012-13
NSS Orientation Programme
Malaria Awareness Rally
Note Book Distribution
Blood Donation Camp
Malaria Awareness Rally
Talk on Environment Protection at NSS Camp Site
Yoga Session at NSS Camp Site
Seva Daan (Cooking) at NSS Camp Site
Seva Daan (Swacch Bharat Abhiyan) at NSS Camp Site